A challenge hosted by Gracie, to scrap about a food photo of our favorite dish or recipe.
A little twist of Beef Steak ala Crema from the recipe booklet of Life's Rich! with Nestle All Purpose Cream. A dish to celebrate my son's birthday!
Journaling:My son asked me to cook beef steak ala crema. But there were about less than 1/2 kilo of beef strip left in the freezer. Since tofu was available inside the fridge, I used it as meat extenders and put some bokchoy leaves to add color. It was surprising that the tofu blended well with the cream sauce. We all loved the come out of this recipe.
* 1/2 kg beef sirloin, thinly sliced, cut into strip
* 18g Maggi Magic Sarap
* 2tbsp Maggi Savor, calamansi
* 1/4 cup cooking oil
* 1 med Onion, sliced into rings
* 1 250ml Nestle All purpose cream
* 1 pck Tofu
* 2 pcks Bokchoy Leaves ( Taiwan Pechay)
1. Rub beef with Maggi MAgic sarap and Maggi Savor. Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2. Cut tofu into cubes, drege in flour. Fry until golden brown, set aside.
3. Heat oil, saute onions for 2 minutes or until crisp tender, then set aside.
4. In the same pan, add marinated beef and pan fry until brown. Add fried onions, tofu and bokchoy leaves. Pour in teh cream, simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Premiere matboard- die cut page background
Webster's Pages- A Sweet Life, tell your story ( hand cutting the designs)
Chatterbox - Together Multifloral ( apron and mitt, rolled papers)
American crafts - Thickers jewelry box (Beef Tofu)
Making Memories - Tiny Alpha Brown Ledger ( creamy)
Prima - Quick Pick Hyd Wood land ( flowers) journaling sheet
Sizzix - dies ( apron and mitt)
Fancy Pants - bella brush stamp ( frame)
Colorbox - stamp pad ink ( distressing)
Others: brads, felt flower, butterfly, journaling ticket (hidden), bookplate die cut, bling.